Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Zune SDK

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ion Todirel

Its available, or something, to interface with Zune from my app? How/Where Zune store media? What kind of database/library it keeps on it?

• User profile image
    nightski

I don't believe there is an SDK available, but if one is released that would rock.  Although seeing as how you can't use the Zune as a portable drive presumably because they are locking the music down I'm not so sure that is a likely scenerio.  But who knows.

However there will be a "sync" folder so to speak that the Zune software will keep synchronized with the device.  So I suppose you could use that as some sort of integration area for your app.

• User profile image
    IDWMaster

nightski said:
    I don't believe there is an SDK available, but if one is released that would rock.  Although seeing as how you can't use the Zune as a portable drive presumably because they are locking the music down I'm not so sure that is a likely scenerio.  But who knows.

However there will be a "sync" folder so to speak that the Zune software will keep synchronized with the device.  So I suppose you could use that as some sort of integration area for your app.

You could sync over your local area network, and write an app to interface with the Zune's networking APIs. I've been working on a program that connects to my WLAN and streams music from my computer (currently, it can only stream one file, because I haven't figured out how the XML parsing APIs work yet).

The ZuneHD stores music in the /Flash2/Content folder

The /Flash2/Content/Artist folder stores Album Art

The names are maintained in an internal database that is inaccessible by developers. 

• User profile image
    bureX

IDWMaster said:
    nightski said:
    *snip*

You could sync over your local area network, and write an app to interface with the Zune's networking APIs. I've been working on a program that connects to my WLAN and streams music from my computer (currently, it can only stream one file, because I haven't figured out how the XML parsing APIs work yet).

The ZuneHD stores music in the /Flash2/Content folder

The /Flash2/Content/Artist folder stores Album Art

The names are maintained in an internal database that is inaccessible by developers. 

Holy necrobump, Batman!

• User profile image
    IDWMaster

bureX said:
    IDWMaster said:
    *snip*

Holy necrobump, Batman!

What's that supposed to mean?

• User profile image
    rhm

IDWMaster said:
    bureX said:
    *snip*

What's that supposed to mean?

It means you added to a thread that's 3.5 years old. Nice one, but I think the original poster probably doesn't have this exact problem any more.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.