Coffeehouse Thread

23 posts

Remove xbox profile

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    staceyw

I gotta dumb question.  How do you remove a gamer profile on Xbox 360?  I am missing it somehow.  TIA

• User profile image
    Angus

Does this help:

[Link]

?

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    foomaniac

bringing up an old topic, but i want to know the same.

The link above is no use what so ever. That deletes an individual games profile, I.E when you say play halo, you create a profile.

The profile we want to delete is the xbox 360 console gamer profile, I.E the one you log onto xbox live with. I just bought a pre owned console and it has the previous owners gamer profile on it, and i wanna remove it.

Any ideas?! I cannot find it for the life in me!

• User profile image
    nailed92

If you do this does it just remove it from ur memory or does it delete it completely??

• User profile image
    Duncanma

nailed92 said:
    If you do this does it just remove it from ur memory or does it delete it completely??
    just from your machine. the owner of that account can still 'recover' it from xbox live if desired.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

Duncanma said:
    nailed92 said:
    *snip*
    just from your machine. the owner of that account can still 'recover' it from xbox live if desired.
    can I transfer my gamer profile (aka gammercard) from one xbox to another? even if I don't have access to the first one?

• User profile image
    Duncanma

Ion Todirel said:
    Duncanma said:
    *snip*
    can I transfer my gamer profile (aka gammercard) from one xbox to another? even if I don't have access to the first one?
    Yes, doing a 'recover' will pull your profile down to the current Xbox ... I know you'll need your Live ID credentials and I believe you need your credit card information as well.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Yes, it's possible. I did that when I was in the states. I transferred my profile to the console of my roomy, without access to my other box. The live ID credentials are required and that's it. Takes quite a while to download the data from the xbox live service Big Smile

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

littleguru said:
    Yes, it's possible. I did that when I was in the states. I transferred my profile to the console of my roomy, without access to my other box. The live ID credentials are required and that's it. Takes quite a while to download the data from the xbox live service Big Smile
    cool, thanks

• User profile image
    F O B

i dont know how to delete an xbox live profile but i know how to delete an offline profile.. go to my xbox then system settings then memory then go to hard drive then gamer profiles and choose the profile u want to delete

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

F O B said:

i dont know how to delete an xbox live profile but i know how to delete an offline profile.. go to my xbox then system settings then memory then go to hard drive then gamer profiles and choose the profile u want to delete

sure Smiley

• User profile image
    F O B

Ion Todirel said:
    F O B said:
    *snip*

sure Smiley

yup i tried it it worked

• User profile image
    F O B

Ion Todirel said:
    F O B said:
    *snip*

sure Smiley

i tried it and it worked..first i created a new profile and did all that stuff and it worked 

• User profile image
    GLoomshrub

F O B said:
    Ion Todirel said:
    *snip*

i tried it and it worked..first i created a new profile and did all that stuff and it worked 

Anyone know how to delete one you created on the computer, off the Xbox.com?

• User profile image
    Pietam

GLoomshrub said:
    F O B said:
    *snip*

Anyone know how to delete one you created on the computer, off the Xbox.com?

Yes I was wondering too. Since I wanted to transfer my xbox360 profile to another email adress, but I cant because I have a xbox.com account on that email adress I cant get rid off..

• User profile image
    AndyC

Pietam said:
    GLoomshrub said:
    *snip*

Yes I was wondering too. Since I wanted to transfer my xbox360 profile to another email adress, but I cant because I have a xbox.com account on that email adress I cant get rid off..

1) Sign up for a new hotmail address

2) Transfer the xbox profile you dont want to it

• User profile image
    CanaDian​Refugee

AndyC said:
    Pietam said:
    *snip*

1) Sign up for a new hotmail address

2) Transfer the xbox profile you dont want to it

Wait so If I have a Live profile that I dont want but is still connected to my e-mail. Then if I delete it from my hard drive I can make a brand new profile with different name but on the same e-mail and xbox?

• User profile image
    blowdart

CanaDianRefugee said:
    AndyC said:
    *snip*

Wait so If I have a Live profile that I dont want but is still connected to my e-mail. Then if I delete it from my hard drive I can make a brand new profile with different name but on the same e-mail and xbox?

No. An email can only be linked to one profile.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.