Coffeehouse Thread

16 posts

Vista asks me drivers for "Bluetooth Peripheral Device"

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    cescotto

Did somebody here had the same problem? On XP I don't remember any driver request for bluetooth devices.

• User profile image
    the-​laughing-man

Don't know about Vista. I wwas installing a bluetooth device for my Dad the other day on XP and that brought up the infamous "continue anyway" sign so yeah, that definitely needed a driver

• User profile image
    DICKSONTOH

cescotto wrote:
    Did somebody here had the same problem? On XP I don't remember any driver request for bluetooth devices.

i got thsi as well when a BT mobile phone is near the vista pc.. i just ignore it..

• User profile image
    Frank W

On Vista, each BT Profile without corresponding driver will be displayed as "Bluetooth Peripheral Device".

Say A2DP (Bluetooth Stereo), Vista RTM doesn't include this profile, so it will be a "Bluetooth Peripheral Device".

But after installing a 3rd party Bluetooth driver for Vista, like Broadcom's... Most of those profiles will find their drivers and work properly.

Here is a link to my Live Space blog entry showing my Bluetooth Devices Control Panel in Vista x64 with Broadcom driver. Should looks different from your BT Dialog. Wink http://wangjie.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!4EDAC3895CE81099!1204.entry

Maybe you don't read Chinese, but at least you can see the pictures. Smiley

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

What is your hardware? Toshiba laptop?

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Raghavendra_​Mudugal

Ofcourse, it needs. Some months before, I had a bluetooth dongle connected for the first time and driver screen came up. Anyway that dongle had a ccd with it which contains drivers for XP. Now, I never came across a deivce of bluetooth that does'nt needs a driver. Smiley

• User profile image
    Frank W

Problem solved for Broadcom chips. Big Smile I've also post the following to a German Vista related forum. Hope this works for you too.

Actually if you are using a Broadcom chip Bluetooth adapter, you can get the newest software from Lenovo Thinkpad website. Currently Broadcom's own website provides v5.x of its driver, but they do give Thinkpad a newer version 6.0.3500.

Now you must get it! [6] Yes, if you're using a Broadcom chip, no matter the manufacture (MSI, Belkin or else), you can use the driver for Thinkpad Bluetooth. Same chip, same driver!

Here is how you make it. I've done the following steps with my MSI USB Bluetooth Adapter on Vista x64. Not sure how it goes on x86. Take your own risk.

1. Make sure your Bluetooth device does use a Broadcom chip. Otherwise you can stop here. It won't work for you.

2. In Vista Hardware Management, update your BT driver to Blutonium BCM2035 Bluetooth 2.4 GHz Single Chip Transceiver (by Broadcom). This driver comes with Vista. I believe this step is optional, because your chip might not be BCM2035, but should be very close, and this works.

3. Download the Widcomm Bluetooth Driver 6.0.3500 from this page: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss...ocid=MIGR-67250

4. Now install the downloaded driver. Might need a reboot to finish.

5. You may still see some Bluetooth Peripheral Device in Device Manager. Try install drivers from the target folder you've just installed your Widcomm driver. Say %programfiles%\Bluetooth Software\bin

6. Now they should work perfectly for you! Enjoy! Cool

• User profile image
    JEmlay

I just bought a Belkin F8T012-1 and tried using the IBM driver and the installtion would fail as it could not detect my device.  Then I tried the Belkin website as a last ditch effort and I saw an updated drivers that claims Vista 32bit support.

It works great!  Finally real Vista drivers from the source.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Raghavendra_Mudugal wrote:
    Ofcourse, it needs. Some months before, I had a bluetooth dongle connected for the first time and driver screen came up. Anyway that dongle had a ccd with it which contains drivers for XP. Now, I never came across a deivce of bluetooth that does'nt needs a driver.

I used to have one erm... a Belkin one. All you did was plugged it in and it worked. Weirdly enough, on the box it said "thumb sized usb dongle" the person that described it as thumb size must've had a nasty case of elephantisis.

Now ive got a Mikomi one (cheap and cheerful) which works fine and all but it only works on ONE pc. -.-

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Frank W

Okay, now Broadcom officially released the Vista driver (x86 / x64).

If you have an adapter that uses Broadcom chip, you can download the driver from their website: http://www.broadcom.com/products/bluetooth_update.php

Actually you'll download a stub program which will check your Bluetooth chip, OS and download the right driver for ya. Or it will tell you that your Bluetooth device is not supported by them. That could mean your chip is not a Broadcom one, or your Bluetooth device driver is not directly supported by Broadcom but by the device manufacturer.

• User profile image
    amindia08

My vista ask me to install bluetooth peripheral device and i don't have installer.

• User profile image
    cosmic

IF you have a problem with "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" download new bluesoelil 5.0 driver unpack folder blueso~1 install manually bluetooth by Computer => System properties=> driver manager=>"Bluetooth Peripheral Device"=>update driver=> install manually find location with folder blueso~1 open brcmusb.inf or earlier find Bleutooth drivers form the list of drivers  install  hid enum and some familiar  driver I don't remember And thats should work I THink Smiley CYAAAAA

• User profile image
    lauredis

cosmic said:
    IF you have a problem with "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" download new bluesoelil 5.0 driver unpack folder blueso~1 install manually bluetooth by Computer => System properties=> driver manager=>"Bluetooth Peripheral Device"=>update driver=> install manually find location with folder blueso~1 open brcmusb.inf or earlier find Bleutooth drivers form the list of drivers  install  hid enum and some familiar  driver I don't remember And thats should work I THink Smiley CYAAAAA
    Great useful info.

If you need bluetooth + EDR software download bluesoleil 6. I am testing it with a Logitech bluetooth adaptor to connect to my new s9 hd motorola bluetooth headset

• User profile image
    lauredis

cosmic said:

• User profile image
    Tigerwood

I had the same problem with my new bluetooth headset. After weeks of searching I found a solution here

http://www.computers.nepalesemap.com/index.php?topic=3.0

• User profile image
    pagos85

I tried to get a driver from all of the above suggested sites, but I just can't seem to find the right one for my bluetooth device. So I was left no choice but to ask friend google to search for me. Found this site that contains a good list of most hardware drivers needed, and that's were I finally got mine. http://www.driversdownloadhub.com/bluetooth-peripheral-device-drivers.htm 

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.