Coffeehouse Thread

21 posts

The Office: Part 1

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Part one of my office roof-painting antics!
    Here's the general idea of what we're trying to accomplish...

And here's Dafydd, the guy doing it for me... awesome lad, well worth the cash just for laughs Smiley

And here's how it currently looks! Awful at the moment, but on Sunday there is going to be much more (and there'll be buildings going up the ceiling Smiley)

Can't wait for Sunday now! Big Smile

Lloyd

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    dentaku

The name Dafydd always remids me of Dafydd Thomas from Llanddewi Brefi Smiley

• User profile image
    jeffsand

dentaku said:
    wow. can't wait to see more.

• User profile image
    littleguru

jeffsand said:
    dentaku said:
    *snip*
    wow. can't wait to see more.
    Wow. This looks really great. You need to post some pictures after it has been done.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

dentaku said:
    You'll never guess what his surname is Wink

It will look great when finished Smiley

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    dentaku

Lloyd_Humph said:
    dentaku said:
    *snip*
    You'll never guess what his surname is Wink

It will look great when finished Smiley
    Uhmmmm. Lucas Wink

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

dentaku said:
    Lloyd_Humph said:
    *snip*
    Uhmmmm. Lucas Wink
    You'd be surprised by how many Dafydd Thomas's I know... and he's one of them, just to clarify Tongue Out

Last modified
  • User profile image
    dentaku

Lloyd_Humph said:
    dentaku said:
    *snip*
    You'd be surprised by how many Dafydd Thomas's I know... and he's one of them, just to clarify Tongue Out
    Ya, half the people in my village seem to have the same last name(in reality it's less than half but it sure looks like it is). There have been times when 5 poeple in this village had the same name so people have to go by nicknames or are distinguished by adding their parent's name along with their name. It's a French thing and it's difficult to explain Smiley

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

dentaku said:
    Lloyd_Humph said:
    *snip*
    Ya, half the people in my village seem to have the same last name(in reality it's less than half but it sure looks like it is). There have been times when 5 poeple in this village had the same name so people have to go by nicknames or are distinguished by adding their parent's name along with their name. It's a French thing and it's difficult to explain Smiley
    That's how it is in Wales, a lot of the time. Dewi ap Ifor - Dewi son of Ifor Smiley

Daf is here right now painting so watch this space at about 9-10PM.. more photos to come. I can say it looks amazing, and he's only painted about a foot of wall Big Smile

pic:
    http://www.lloydhumphreys.com/images/office/daf1.jpg

Last modified
  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Lloyd_Humph said:
    dentaku said:
    *snip*
    That's how it is in Wales, a lot of the time. Dewi ap Ifor - Dewi son of Ifor Smiley

Daf is here right now painting so watch this space at about 9-10PM.. more photos to come. I can say it looks amazing, and he's only painted about a foot of wall Big Smile

pic:
    http://www.lloydhumphreys.com/images/office/daf1.jpg
    One new photo! It currently looks like this. It's about a quarter done, and these will be shadowed in the water. We're adding a nine guy next, with some Channel8-style crazy arrows Smiley

Last modified
  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Lloyd_Humph said:
    Lloyd_Humph said:
    *snip*
    One new photo! It currently looks like this. It's about a quarter done, and these will be shadowed in the water. We're adding a nine guy next, with some Channel8-style crazy arrows Smiley

Now... I've been having second thoughts about the Banksy stuff, and after seeing this more personal one come together so perfectly I was thinking... why bother with the copies, and do something more personal again? I look at the roof when it's half done and think "wow", so I wonder what it'd be like if I had two?

Any suggestions?

Last modified
  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Lloyd_Humph said:
    Lloyd_Humph said:
    *snip*

Okay.. the buildings are finished, and tomorrow Dafydd is coming over to do the Channel9 guy and maybe some of the Channel8 arrows..
    It looks fabulous.

And Completed:

Last modified
  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

The 9Guy's been busy painting the city! The city isn't quite finished yet. Still some Channel8 themed stuff to come!

Last modified
  • User profile image
    Bas

Lloyd_Humph said:

The 9Guy's been busy painting the city! The city isn't quite finished yet. Still some Channel8 themed stuff to come!

Where's his hair and headset?

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Bas said:
    Lloyd_Humph said:
    *snip*
    Where's his hair and headset?
    Hair is coming. Headset is going to be left out, it would look a little weird Smiley

I still look at it and think "wooow" Tongue Out

Last modified
  • User profile image
    jamie

Lloyd_Humph said:
    Bas said:
    *snip*
    Hair is coming. Headset is going to be left out, it would look a little weird Smiley

I still look at it and think "wooow" Tongue Out
    i never saw this... awesome! Smiley

* they should have a c9 room contest
     ( i have a chair and couch that match the header Wink)

• User profile image
    littleguru

jamie said:
    Lloyd_Humph said:
    *snip*
    i never saw this... awesome! Smiley

* they should have a c9 room contest
     ( i have a chair and couch that match the header Wink)
    Was even mentioned and shown in this week's "This week on Channel9"... it's really really cool what Lloyd is doing here.

• User profile image
    littleguru

littleguru said:
    jamie said:
    *snip*
    Was even mentioned and shown in this week's "This week on Channel9"... it's really really cool what Lloyd is doing here.
    Now I found out that you got it from watching the episode... I'm slow.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.