Coffeehouse Thread

22 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Is this a joke?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Minh

Edit:  You can take the poll from here.

... or subtle PR?  ... or C9 under new management? I'm confused... Couldn't C9 use existing feedback on the feedback forum? or C9 Taskforce?

• User profile image
    ZippyV

I hope not. I gave them some pretty harsh feedback they should listen to.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Maybe they are hoping for feedback from people who don't regularly post in the Coffeehouse.

• User profile image
    Charles

Sven Groot said:
    Maybe they are hoping for feedback from people who don't regularly post in the Coffeehouse.
    You can be absolutely sure that the feedback you continously provide is both really appreciated and taken seriously. I know we don't always move as fast as you want us to, fellow Niners, but we do try our best. Can we do better? Of course. Know this, we do.

Keep on posting,
    C

• User profile image
    jeffsand

No joke and not actually anything new. Smiley This survey is ran yearly and has been for the the last 5 years on Channel 9.  In addition to learn how we can make this place better for all users who visit the site, watch videos, participate in comments it is also used to better understand the people that visit Channel 9, their perceptions of Microsoft and how they are using our products.

• User profile image
    stevo_

jeffsand said:
    No joke and not actually anything new. Smiley This survey is ran yearly and has been for the the last 5 years on Channel 9.  In addition to learn how we can make this place better for all users who visit the site, watch videos, participate in comments it is also used to better understand the people that visit Channel 9, their perceptions of Microsoft and how they are using our products.

"..This survey is ran yearly and has been for the the last 5 years.."

o, I just wasted my time giving feedback then.. gutted

• User profile image
    Charles

stevo_ said:
    jeffsand said:
    *snip*
    "..This survey is ran yearly and has been for the the last 5 years.."

o, I just wasted my time giving feedback then.. gutted
    Did you not read my post above?
    C

• User profile image
    Minh

Charles said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*
    C
    At the end, it says:

To thank you for participating, we would like to share some of the results with you. Once all of the data has been tallied, we will compile a one page summary of the results. You may find it interesting to see how your responses compared to others. If you’re interested in receiving this summary, please provide your email address below.

Is it possible for C9 to make the results public w/out taking users' emails?

• User profile image
    Charles

Minh said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*
    At the end, it says:

To thank you for participating, we would like to share some of the results with you. Once all of the data has been tallied, we will compile a one page summary of the results. You may find it interesting to see how your responses compared to others. If you’re interested in receiving this summary, please provide your email address below.

Is it possible for C9 to make the results public w/out taking users' emails?
    I don't see why not. It's up to management, though. Jeff?
    C

• User profile image
    jeffsand

Charles said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*
    I don't see why not. It's up to management, though. Jeff?
    C
    Sure. We can do that, we can do it on an episode of this week on c9. I believe the results will be in by early June.

• User profile image
    Minh

jeffsand said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*
    Sure. We can do that, we can do it on an episode of this week on c9. I believe the results will be in by early June.
    I think that's a fantastic idea.

• User profile image
    stun

Charles said:
    Sven Groot said:
    *snip*
    You can be absolutely sure that the feedback you continously provide is both really appreciated and taken seriously. I know we don't always move as fast as you want us to, fellow Niners, but we do try our best. Can we do better? Of course. Know this, we do.

Keep on posting,
    C
    Charles....I don't want to do this......but I am going to.
    Let's take a look what happened with Windows 7 UAC *feedback*.

Community: UAC is broken!!!
    Microsoft: No it ain't broken. It is by design !!! We are right. You are wrong.
    {back and forth...back and forth}

It was very OBVIOUS to everybody that it is a security hole, but Microsoft insisted that it is not and it is "by design".
    Even when it got totally out of hand, Microsoft still would NOT admit that it is their fault.
    The way it was worded did NOT sound like Microsoft is taking responsibility...
    It was downplayed.....obviously.

I am not blaming you, but I am blaming for whoever is responsible and avoiding it.

So, THIS rant is my feedback...although it is not related to Channel 9.
    It just gives **me (at least)** a bad impression on how Microsoft treats the feedbacks.

S

• User profile image
    Charles

stun said:
    Charles said:
    *snip*
    Charles....I don't want to do this......but I am going to.
    Let's take a look what happened with Windows 7 UAC *feedback*.

Community: UAC is broken!!!
    Microsoft: No it ain't broken. It is by design !!! We are right. You are wrong.
    {back and forth...back and forth}

It was very OBVIOUS to everybody that it is a security hole, but Microsoft insisted that it is not and it is "by design".
    Even when it got totally out of hand, Microsoft still would NOT admit that it is their fault.
    The way it was worded did NOT sound like Microsoft is taking responsibility...
    It was downplayed.....obviously.

I am not blaming you, but I am blaming for whoever is responsible and avoiding it.

So, THIS rant is my feedback...although it is not related to Channel 9.
    It just gives **me (at least)** a bad impression on how Microsoft treats the feedbacks.

S
    Uhm. The Windows 7 team took the feedback and implemented it. I'm not going to speak for the Windows 7 team in terms of what, exactly, the Windows 7 UAC system will look like in the final bits. That's their job. I can tell you, however, that they did listen, did act upon the feedback and will continue to listen and act. Sure, they could have responded initially in a better way, but at the end  of the day they did listen...

C

• User profile image
    stevo_

Charles said:
    stevo_ said:
    *snip*
    C
    Yea charles, I really like the content (videos, etc) that channel9 makes, I just really don't get at all excited about the website..

• User profile image
    phreaks

I thought this thread was going to be discussing the current US presidency, judging by the title.

• User profile image
    Minh

phreaks said:
    I thought this thread was going to be discussing the current US presidency, judging by the title.
    No no no... we have a NEW guy NOW...

• User profile image
    phreaks

Minh said:
    phreaks said:
    *snip*
    No no no... we have a NEW guy NOW...
    and 11 trillion dollars in debt and growing.

U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 28 Mar 2009 at 06:34:25 PM GMT is:

$ 1 1 , 0 5 3 , 1 9 4 , 7 1 4 , 3 0 2 . 0 4

The estimated population of the United States is 305,898,794
    so each citizen's (including infants and retiree's) share of this debt is $36,133.50.

Each US household is responsible for ~ $98,000

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/20/AR2009032001820.html?hpid=topnews

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/03/17/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry4872310.shtml

Interesting quotes from those 2 articles

President Obama's ambitious plans to cut middle-class taxes, overhaul health care and expand access to college would require massive borrowing over the next decade, leaving the nation mired far deeper in debt than the White House previously estimated, congressional budget analysts said yesterday.

Tax collections, meanwhile, would lag well behind spending, producing huge annual budget deficits that would force the nation to borrow nearly $9.3 trillion over the next decade -- $2.3 trillion more than the president predicted when he unveiled his budget request just one month ago.

The U.S. is running up so much debt so quickly, some investors are worried. Over the weekend, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao, who says his country has about a trillion dollars invested in U.S. Treasury notes, said he wanted a guarantee.

President Obama said Wen’s got nothing to worry about.

“Not just the Chinese government, but every investor, can have absolute confidence in the soundness of investments in the United States,” he said on Saturday.

That’s because the U.S. government’s power to tax stands behind all of its debt. If Uncle Sam ever needs a bailout, then as now, taxpayers get nailed.

And the government is running up mountains of debt with increasing speed. It took just over 5 ½ months for Uncle Sam to go another trillion dollars deeper in debt since hitting $10-trillion last September 30th. It’s the fastest jump in U.S. history.

Can you say banana republic?

• User profile image
    tfraser

phreaks said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*

Can you say banana republic?

You're free to leave whenever you want.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.