Coffeehouse Thread

34 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

This Week on Channel 9

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jeffsand

    We released a special edition of This Week on Channel 9 today. As requested (thanks Minh) in this edition, we talked through our survey results and our plans for how we will adjust based on the feedback.

    It is a long video (60 minutes, sorry), but I think it does a good job explaining where we want to head with Channel 9 in the future.

    Thanks again everyone for all the support!

     

     

  • User profile image
    longzheng

    Thanks for featuring my comment regarding the "dilemma of choosing a community" and look forward to all the changes you'll be implementing. Sounds like very much a big step in the right direction. Smiley

  • User profile image
    SlackmasterK

    9 += 10;

     

    Nice.

  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

    Nice overview of what we can expect. Moving 10 to 9 is a good thing. I sometimes visit 10, but not as much as I'd like to. I'm a niner, not a tenner Wink

  • User profile image
    SlackmasterK

    TommyCarlier said:

    Nice overview of what we can expect. Moving 10 to 9 is a good thing. I sometimes visit 10, but not as much as I'd like to. I'm a niner, not a tenner Wink

    Honestly I visited a few times, but was quickly turned off by the personality of those girls on the 10 videos.  The energy is way too far to the bouncy side and not enough to the "this is cool stuff" side... IMHO...

  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

    SlackmasterK said:
    TommyCarlier said:
    *snip*

    Honestly I visited a few times, but was quickly turned off by the personality of those girls on the 10 videos.  The energy is way too far to the bouncy side and not enough to the "this is cool stuff" side... IMHO...

    Those girls are already on Channel 9: Tina presents the awesome “History of Microsoft” series, and Laura and Max (one of the girls Wink) host “Ping”.

  • User profile image
    SlackmasterK

    This  9 Revolution is a big deal, why isn't it on the C9 blog yet?

  • User profile image
    jeffsand

    SlackmasterK said:

    This  9 Revolution is a big deal, why isn't it on the C9 blog yet?

    good catch. we thought the video stood on its own, but I think we should have something in text.  I'll put something up sometime over the weekend.

  • User profile image
    Bas

    jeffsand said:
    SlackmasterK said:
    *snip*

    good catch. we thought the video stood on its own, but I think we should have something in text.  I'll put something up sometime over the weekend.

    That would be good, because I've watched the video and still have trouble grasping what exactly the revolution entails apart from merging certain C10, C8, and C4F content into Channel 9. I could watch the video again, but that would mean another hour. Some text summary would be nice.

  • User profile image
    jeffsand

    Bas said:
    jeffsand said:
    *snip*

    That would be good, because I've watched the video and still have trouble grasping what exactly the revolution entails apart from merging certain C10, C8, and C4F content into Channel 9. I could watch the video again, but that would mean another hour. Some text summary would be nice.

    Posted to the blog -- http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/C9Team/The-Future-of-Channel-9/ 

    As I mentioned in the video in the coming weeks, we'll go deeper with you all on the user experience, what we'll be doing on content and more.

    Fun times. Viva Channel 9!

  • User profile image
    Minh

    Jeff,

    I hope that you get to do what you say you want to do. What I mean is that today's message is consistent with that in the "Who are we?" video. I don't think you wanted to deliver a sub-par product prior to and during the C9V4 roll-out. But you definitely did. The site is blazing fast today, though. I'm very impressed.

    Duncan,

    You give me too much credit on the feedbacks. Certainly there were many other Niners who gave helpful feedbacks.

  • User profile image
    jeffsand

    Minh said:

    Jeff,

    I hope that you get to do what you say you want to do. What I mean is that today's message is consistent with that in the "Who are we?" video. I don't think you wanted to deliver a sub-par product prior to and during the C9V4 roll-out. But you definitely did. The site is blazing fast today, though. I'm very impressed.

    Duncan,

    You give me too much credit on the feedbacks. Certainly there were many other Niners who gave helpful feedbacks.

    Interesting point Minh. In thinking back to filming last week, it did feel a lot like the original Who We Are video where we framed what we wanted to create with Channel 9. There has been a lot of good and fair feedback from plenty of people over the years, some that we've gotten to, others not.

    We're hoping that by focussing much more on Channel 9 as a single place, it will allow us to incorporate much more of that same feedback. Also this sam focus is a key contributor to how we were able to improve the performance of the site . We will continue to do work on reliability/performance so that we have a solid foundation for the new release.

    In a couple of weeks we'll do a deep dive around the UX / Wireframes with Nishant (we're looking to do this the week of July 20) that should help explain more.

    But, for now we wanted to get out in front of it with you all and explain where we're headed so that we don't catch folks by surprise.

     

  • User profile image
    Lee_Dale

    jeffsand said:
    Minh said:
    *snip*

    Interesting point Minh. In thinking back to filming last week, it did feel a lot like the original Who We Are video where we framed what we wanted to create with Channel 9. There has been a lot of good and fair feedback from plenty of people over the years, some that we've gotten to, others not.

    We're hoping that by focussing much more on Channel 9 as a single place, it will allow us to incorporate much more of that same feedback. Also this sam focus is a key contributor to how we were able to improve the performance of the site . We will continue to do work on reliability/performance so that we have a solid foundation for the new release.

    In a couple of weeks we'll do a deep dive around the UX / Wireframes with Nishant (we're looking to do this the week of July 20) that should help explain more.

    But, for now we wanted to get out in front of it with you all and explain where we're headed so that we don't catch folks by surprise.

     

    I still have to open FireFox on my Mac to view Channel 9 please please fix it for Safari I keep getting:

    Bad Request - Request Too Long

    HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

    Come on whoever fixes it ill buy them a beer.

  • User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

    leeappdalecom said:
    jeffsand said:
    *snip*

    I still have to open FireFox on my Mac to view Channel 9 please please fix it for Safari I keep getting:

    Bad Request - Request Too Long

    HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

    Come on whoever fixes it ill buy them a beer.

    Cleared cookies recently?

  • User profile image
    Lee_Dale

    CannotResolveSymbol said:
    leeappdalecom said:
    *snip*

    Cleared cookies recently?

    Yeah that works but as soon as I sign in I get the error again Sad

  • User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

    leeappdalecom said:
    CannotResolveSymbol said:
    *snip*

    Yeah that works but as soon as I sign in I get the error again Sad

    Odd.  I'm posting from Safari 4 (4.0.1 on OSX) right now.

  • User profile image
    Lee_Dale

    CannotResolveSymbol said:
    leeappdalecom said:
    *snip*

    Odd.  I'm posting from Safari 4 (4.0.1 on OSX) right now.

    Are you using C9 login or Live ID?

  • User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

    leeappdalecom said:
    CannotResolveSymbol said:
    *snip*

    Are you using C9 login or Live ID?

    C9 login.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.