Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

It was wrong to ban the "search guy"

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    turrican

You know guys, I think it was kind'a wrong to ban that "search guy". The guy with his desktop search or whatever the heck it was. He was COMPLETELY BIZARRE. Like something out of the Twilight Zone.

I liked him, kind'a like a pet.

I miss his talks about his superior desktop search.

*lol*

• User profile image
    Royal​Schrubber

Linux grep is superior to windows desktop search. Do you feel any better now? Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

RoyalSchrubber said:

Linux grep is superior to windows desktop search. Do you feel any better now? Tongue Out

And gci -r | select-string is better than grep Tongue Out

• User profile image
    W3bbo

SpectateSwamp filled all the criteria for being a crank/crackpot, just check the "Common characteristics..." section, he's a perfect match. His persistence and activity elsewhere on the web shoots down any notion he was some kind of elaborate troll.

He was banned because he wasn't contributing to the forum in any meaningful way and used it solely as a megaphone to pitch his 'product', his postings often caused massive flare-ups too. He also wouldn't have been gaining anything personally from being allowed to post either, besides making everyone think even less of him as time goes by.

Moderators don't just ban people because they're bringing their forums into disrepute, but also at times to protect people from themselves (for example, under-matured people who are foolish enough to sign their real-names to massively misinformed or overly-charged forum posts; those posts will only be a liability in future and it's in their interests that they are prevented from digging an even deeper hole for themselves. I won't name names, but there's been a few people like that on here before).

Turrican: you'll notice this forum is owned by Microsoft and is meant for positive discussion that leads to insightful and informed debates; Bizarre behaviour has no place here. If you miss him just go and google for him, he's an active poster elsewhere, and there's also more than enough people willing to pick through everything he's ever done for their own personal amusement. I, and most people here, hold themselves to higher standards than that.

• User profile image
    blowdart

W3bbo said:

SpectateSwamp filled all the criteria for being a crank/crackpot, just check the "Common characteristics..." section, he's a perfect match. His persistence and activity elsewhere on the web shoots down any notion he was some kind of elaborate troll.

He was banned because he wasn't contributing to the forum in any meaningful way and used it solely as a megaphone to pitch his 'product', his postings often caused massive flare-ups too. He also wouldn't have been gaining anything personally from being allowed to post either, besides making everyone think even less of him as time goes by.

Moderators don't just ban people because they're bringing their forums into disrepute, but also at times to protect people from themselves (for example, under-matured people who are foolish enough to sign their real-names to massively misinformed or overly-charged forum posts; those posts will only be a liability in future and it's in their interests that they are prevented from digging an even deeper hole for themselves. I won't name names, but there's been a few people like that on here before).

Turrican: you'll notice this forum is owned by Microsoft and is meant for positive discussion that leads to insightful and informed debates; Bizarre behaviour has no place here. If you miss him just go and google for him, he's an active poster elsewhere, and there's also more than enough people willing to pick through everything he's ever done for their own personal amusement. I, and most people here, hold themselves to higher standards than that.

If you want to have fun he trolls other forums too. His posts on AV forums are greeted with the same response Smiley

• User profile image
    magicalclick

His joke thread is so 2005. so really, no need to keep that same old joke necroed again and again and again. Besides, if it is about showing the app, there is another board called SandBox.

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    turrican

RoyalSchrubber said:

haha that brings back memories.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.