Site Feedback Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Last Viewed Position in Silverlight Videos ?

Back to Forum: Site Feedback
  • User profile image
    JoshRoss

I love the great videos are that available through this site.  Recently my wife and I new'ed up a little girl.  And she needs lots of attention.  So, my baby monitoring thread is running on a much higher priority than my C9 watching thread and occasionally, I have to do a little preemptive multitasking.

When the C9 thread is backgrounded for a while, it crashes and loses its state.  Would it be possible to store the last position viewed of the video somewhere on C9 and then be able to go back to where I was, at a later date?

EDIT: Perhaps this could be used in combination with the chaptering features.  If the information was stored on the server, you guys could mine the start / stop times of the viewings to see what excites people and bores them without having to explicitly survey them.

Or should I put this one up at http://channel9.usertaskforce.com/ ?

-Josh

• User profile image
    Duncanma

This is a pretty good idea, and we currently do store the start/stop times of video watching but we do it in an anonymous way. I like the idea of doing this, but all I can really say is that we'll add it to the list; we are a bit short on time at the moment!

Thanks

• User profile image
    JoshRoss

Duncanma said:

This is a pretty good idea, and we currently do store the start/stop times of video watching but we do it in an anonymous way. I like the idea of doing this, but all I can really say is that we'll add it to the list; we are a bit short on time at the moment!

Thanks

Thank you for reading and responding to the post.  I can certainly understand that you are working under tight time constraints, with the upcoming revolution, et al. Keep up the good work!

-Josh

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.