Tech Off Thread

4 posts

WebBrowser Ctrl in MFC

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    troposphere

Running on Vista x64, with IE 7:

The WebBrowser control doesn't navigate to any web URL through the Navigate or Navigate2 methods.

All it says is "Navigation Cancelled."

I have created a simple dialog-based MFC project with the WebBrowser control hosted inside the dialog box in VS 2005.

Is there some security issue that I need to aware of here?  The code works fine on XP.

Thanks

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Firewall?

• User profile image
    troposphere

After some experimentation, it looks like it might be the fault of my Kaspersky internet security suite.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

troposphere wrote:
    After some experimentation, it looks like it might be the fault of my Kaspersky internet security suite.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Yeah, I was working with the web browser control in .Net a while back and had to turn my firewall completely off when I was developing because the app's hash would change every time I rebuilt it and the firewall wouldn't let it through.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.