Tech Off Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

WebBrowser Ctrl in MFC

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    troposphere

Running on Vista x64, with IE 7:

The WebBrowser control doesn't navigate to any web URL through the Navigate or Navigate2 methods.

All it says is "Navigation Cancelled."

I have created a simple dialog-based MFC project with the WebBrowser control hosted inside the dialog box in VS 2005.

Is there some security issue that I need to aware of here?  The code works fine on XP.

Thanks

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Firewall?

• User profile image
    troposphere

After some experimentation, it looks like it might be the fault of my Kaspersky internet security suite.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

troposphere wrote:
    After some experimentation, it looks like it might be the fault of my Kaspersky internet security suite.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Yeah, I was working with the web browser control in .Net a while back and had to turn my firewall completely off when I was developing because the app's hash would change every time I rebuilt it and the firewall wouldn't let it through.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.