Tech Off Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

How to connect MICROSOFT##SSEE

Back to Forum: Tech Off
  • User profile image
    Beetlejuice

Hello Programms!

Sharepoint services 3 was install with default settings (with SQL Server 2005 Embedded Edition (MICROSOFT##SSEE)).

After that i setup SQL Server Management Studio Express. 

I cant connect to it DB, because connection to MICROSOFT##SSEE fault:
    "...bla..bla..bla...MICROSOFT##SSEE does not allow remote connections.....bla..bla..bla..."

In SQL Server Configuration Manager i turn on everythink: tcp/ip, all clients protocol. Not help.

How to connect MICROSOFT##SSEE with SQL Server Management Studio Express?

Thanks!

• User profile image
    Prashanth​Spark

Thanks a Lot Dude Smiley

Open the "SQL server Configuration Manager", right-click the line "Protocols for MICROSOFT##SSEE" and choose "Properties". The "hide instance" field is set to "yes", put "no" instead, validate, and restart the microsoft##ssee service...

SQL Server Configuration Manager -->  SQL Native Client Configuration  ---> Aliases  --->  Right click on Alias name:  <servername>\Microsoft##SSEE --->  properties  --->   Change the Alias Name from <servername>\Microsoft##SSEE to <servername>\##SSEE.  

Worked & my Central Administration is working fine....

- PrashanthSpark
     Sharepoint Architect
     INDIA

• User profile image
    osaelen

Hi,
    I went through the same problem, and finally managed to find a solution !

Open the "SQL server Configuration Manager", right-click the line "Protocols for MICROSOFT##SSEE" and choose "Properties". The "hide instance" field is set to "yes", put "no" instead, validate, and restart the microsoft##ssee service... You can know access the database with SSMSE !

Hope it'll help...

• User profile image
    Beetlejuice

osaelen wrote:
    Hi,
    I went through the same problem, and finally managed to find a solution !

Open the "SQL server Configuration Manager", right-click the line "Protocols for MICROSOFT##SSEE" and choose "Properties". The "hide instance" field is set to "yes", put "no" instead, validate, and restart the microsoft##ssee service... You can know access the database with SSMSE !

Hope it'll help...

Thank you.

• User profile image
    safavia

I had the same problem, but the difference was that instead of SQL Server Management Studio Express, I had installed the original SQL Server Management Studio (Not the Express one).  I solved the problem by going to SQL Server Configuration Manager -->  SQL Native Client Configuration  ---> Aliases  --->  Right click on Alias name:  <servername>\Microsoft##SSEE --->  properties  --->   Change the Alias Name from <servername>\Microsoft##SSEE to <servername>\##SSEE. 

• User profile image
    Andy H
  • User profile image
    Mitch H

...or put

\\.\pipe\MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE\sql\query

as the server name.

• User profile image
    K_Makkeh

Thanks Mitch ,

this is the best solution

/*

...or put

\\.\pipe\MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE\sql\query

as the server name.

*/

• User profile image
    spicoli0525

I'm having a problem starting up my sql server 2005 windows internal database... this is the error I get:

The Windows Internal Database (MICROSOFT##SSEE) service failed to start due to the following error: Access is denied.

I just have AD installed on my Win 2k3 server. I am not running WSUS or SharePoint on this server

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.