Building Windows 8 Metro Style Apps with C++ - A Free Event [Sold Out. Will Stream Live!]
Join the Microsoft Visual C++ and Windows teams in Redmond on May 18, 2012 for a free, all-day event focused on building Windows 8 Metro style apps with C++.
We will have pragmatic advice for every developer writing Metro style apps and games with XAML and/or DirectX and C++.
This event is sold out. However, it will stream live right here on Channel 9! Tune in on May 18, 2012, 8:00AM PDT.
- VC++ for Windows 8, Keynote by Herb Sutter
- Building Windows 8 apps with XAML and C++
- Building Windows 8 games with DirectX and C++
- Introduction to the Windows Runtime Library (WRL)
- Writing Connected apps: Writing networking code with C++
- Combining XAML & DirectX in a Metro style apps
- Writing WinRT components to be consumed from any language
- VC11 compiler flags for getting the most out of C++