Continuous Availability in Windows Server 2012 with Gene Chellis & Claus Joergensen
Download this episode
In this interview at TechEd North America 2012 Symon Perriman discusses the new continuous availability features coming in Windows Server 2012 with Gene Chellis (Director of Program Management) and Claus Joergensen (Principal Program Manager) from the Windows Storage & Availability Team.
- [00:45] What were the key planning scenarios we looked at to improve service availability?
- [00:57] What are some of the new features we have added to increase hardware resiliency?
- [04:10] What are improvements to reduce hardware faults in memory?
- [05:55] What are the major enhancements made to Failover Clustering in this release?
- Demo [07:37] Claus demos a continuously available file server failover with no downtime to a SQL database
- [11:48] How does 'Cluster Aware Updating' work and what are the benefits?
- [15:00] What are the new types of live migration?
- [18:15] Have we made resiliency improvements beyond the datacenter for disaster recovery?
- [20:15] Do we ensure that the Hyper-V Replica provides data consistency during replication?
Connect with the Edge Team:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.