Microsoft Certification: Interview with Don Field (Senior Director Microsoft Learning)
I've met with Don Field (Senior Director of Microsoft Learning) when he was in Poland, and asked him a few questions about certification.
I've asked about:
- [00:08] - Who is Don Field and what is Microsoft Learning?
- [02:30] - Why people choose to certify?
- [04:55] - What Microsoft is doing to show value of certificates to employers?
» See also: Value of Certification: Robert Half Webinar
- [07:15] - How to start a journey with Microsoft certification?
- [10:00] - Are you considering localization of basic certificates (MTA, MOS)?
» See also: Środy z certyfikatem: Online certification trainings [in Polish]
- [12:14] - Why sometimes exams are available earlier than learning materials?
- [15:12] - Why Microsoft changes levels and naming of certificates so often?
- [19:00] - Is it possible to pass the master exam (MCSM) somewhere in Europe?
- [21:39] - What Microsoft is doing to avoid "brain dumps"?
- [26:02] - How to be competitive to other companies that offers certification?
» See also: Technology Analysts Predict Widening Cloud Skills Gap for IT
- [29:24] - What kind of benefits certification gives for Microsoft - is it income only?
- [32:16] - Do you have some best practice in promoting certification?
- [36:30] - Direct message to all specialists in Poland from Don Field
Don Field is Senior Director, Microsoft Certification Programs. He directs the development and growth of all Microsoft certifications for technical professionals and information workers.
Mariusz Kędziora is working as a Technical Evangelist in the Developer & Platform Group (DPG) in the Polish branch of Microsoft. He is writing a blog ewangelista.IT, providing readers with interesting information about Microsoft technologies in a more informal way than on the official websites of Microsoft.