Using the Windows Azure Access Control Service in iOS Applications
Download this episode
The Windows Azure Toolkit for iOS provides an easy and convenient way to leverage services within the Windows Azure Platform from an iPhone or iPad. In this video, Vittorio Bertocci—Principal Program Manager at Microsoft—explains how to use the latest release to leverage the Access Control Service from within an iOS application.
Starting with version 1.2.0 you can now setup your application to leverage the Access Control Service to authenticate and authorize your users from within your iOS application. You can choose from multiple identity providers—including Live ID, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, and ADFS—from which your users can authenticate. Additionally, using the new Cloud Ready for Packages & the Configuration Tool, setting up and deploying your iOS application with ACS is easy and straightforward.
For more information, take a look at the following resources:
- Vittorio's blog: Using the Windows Azure Access Control Service in iOS Applications
- *new* WAT for iOS v1.2 Configuration Tool
- *updated* WAT for iOS v1.2 Library
- *updated* WAT for iOS v1.2 Samples
- Getting Started with the Windows Azure Toolkit for iOS
- Deploying the Cloud Ready Packages for Devices
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.