Windows Azure Platform Security Essentials for Technical Decision Makers
Download this episode
Graham Calladine, Security Architect with Microsoft Services, answers the most common security concerns CxOs and other technical decision-makers have regarding the security of their data in Windows Azure cloud platform.
You’ll learn about:
- The security controls that Azure has in place to help protect the customer applications and data
- An architecture overview of the Windows Azure components (web role, worker role, VM role)
- An architecture overview of each of the Windows Azure Storage components (blobs, tables, queues and drives)
- SQL Azure security, including similarities and differences with SQL Server
- Microsoft datacenter security and compliance
The updates in the video include:
- Overview of features announced at PDC 2010
- Introduction to the VM Role
- Announcement of the Windows Server 2008 R2 (OS Family = 2) as an option for the guest operating system
- An overview of the Windows Azure Connect
- Fault domains and their role in improving reliability of Windows Azure applications
- SQL Azure write replication to improve data security and reliability
- Windows Azure Security Overview
- Microsoft Compliance Framework for Online Services
- Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle
- Security Talk Series: Webcasts, Podcasts, Videos
- Check out Windows Azure Subscriptions
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.