YOW! 2012: Dave, Martin and Todd - The Loadstone Foundation
Dave Thomas discusses the Loadstone Foundation with fellow foundation founders Martin Thompson and Todd Montgomery. The principles of this newly-formed foundation - which is specifically focused on the financial industry and banking sector - are:
- Contribution of quality code should be valued above all else
- No control or manipulation by membership donations
- Longer term return of value is more important than short term project needs
- Encourage federation of trust and community
- Inspire the community via leadership rather than management
- Engage in common beneficial efforts with other industries
Todd is a Middleware and Networking Expert, VP Architecture Messaging 29West / Informatica. He is Vice President of Architecture for the Messaging Business Unit of 29West, now part of Informatica. As the chief architect of Informatica's Messaging Business Unit, Todd is responsible for the design and implementation of the Ultra Messaging product family (formerly known as LBM) which has over 190 production deployments within the financial services sector.
Martin is a high-performance and low-latency computing specialist, with experience gained over two decades working with large scale transactional and big-data domains, including automotive, gaming, financial, mobile, and content management. He believes Mechanical Sympathy - applying an understanding of the hardware to the creation of software - is fundamental to delivering elegant, high-performance, solutions.