Many projects have used the EDMX files and the EF Designer to generate their models with Entity Framework. However, Entity Framework Core has not added support for EDMX generation. So what do you if you want to port your EF projects to EF Core?
In this episode, Entity Framework PM Diego Vega joins Christos to give us a thorough walkthrough of porting an Entity Framework EDMX model over to Entity Framework Core
- [01:06] - Why would I want to move?
- [03:18] - Reviewing a sample EDMX model
- [08:10] - Porting the hard way
- [09:29] - Porting the easier way
- [13:44] - Using the EF Core Power tools
- [18:24] - Exploring inheritance
- What's new in EF Core 3
- Migrating from EF 6 to EF Core
- Porting from EF 6 to EF Core
- EF Core Power tools